My family and I have been using Plex since I discovered it, and I was wanting a client connected to our TV. I didn’t want to buy a Roku or AppleTV, as I was worried of the maintenance of such device. I also did not want to live with the limitations of the codecs and processing power of client. For this purpose, I decided to upgrade the parts for the File Server, and reuse parts to build a full mini-PC which would act as a Plex Client.
I installed Plex Media Player on that newly build mini-PC.
The mini-PC has the following parts :
- Computer Case: Silverstone ML04B
- Power Supply: Silverstone ST45SF (reuse)
- Motherboard: Asrock H77M-ITX (reuse)
- Processor: Intel Core i3 3225 (reuse)
- Ram: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) (reuse)
- System Hard Drive: Hitachi HTS725050A9A360 (reused)
Cost: 80 $